Charging cell phone cause of NC apartment fire

News
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

CHARLOTTE, N.C. — A cell phone is to blame for causing an apartment fire Thursday night in northeast Charlotte, fire investigators say.

According to WBTV, the phone was charging on the bed and a heat buildup sparked the flames.

One person was inside the apartment on Eastway Drive when the fire started around 6:45 p.m. They were able to escape safely.

No injuries were reported.

The fire caused an estimated $50,000 in damages.

Source: WBTV

Must-See Stories

More Must-See Stories

MOST POPULAR

Follow FOX8 on Twitter