BURLINGTON, N.C. — A Burlington police officer was taken to a hospital after a crash in Burlington, according to police.
At about 11 p.m. Wednesday, police were responding to a burglary at a home on Lincoln Street in Burlington when an officer’s patrol vehicle and a pickup truck collided.
The patrol vehicle was heading east on North Church Street when the collision happened involving a 2004 Nissan Titan pickup truck.
After the crash, the patrol vehicle and the truck kept moving and hit a utility pole and several parked vehicles on the south side of the intersection.
The truck overturned due to the crash.
The driver of the truck was taken to a hospital and has since been released.
The officer suffered minor injuries and was treated hospital.
No charges have been announced at this time.
Latest headlines from FOX8
- More than 300 catalytic converters stolen in Greensboro since October
- Eased restrictions give Triad restaurants, bars a glimmer of hope
- Father, son reel in 1,000-pound bluefin tuna off North Carolina coast
- Davidson County artist’s paintings honor late wife; proceeds benefit Cancer Services of Davidson County
- Lawsuit: DEA, TSA seize cash from air travelers not suspected of crimes