GREENSBORO, N.C. — The Stamey’s Barbecue restaurant located at 2812 Battleground Avenue is closed Wednesday due to structure fire damage.
The fire, which took place at 11:55 p.m. on Tuesday, was under control within 30 minutes, but left the front of the restaurant damaged. The entrance windows are currently boarded with a sign that says “closed due to fire.” More than 40 firefighters battled the blaze.
Fire investigators deemed the fire as accidental due to a malfunction in a drink dispenser.
The restaurant is encouraging customers to go to their other location at 2206 W. Gate City Blvd.