Suspect arrested in Carolina Beach condo fire that killed two people

News

Marshall Hudson Doran

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

CAROLINA BEACH, N.C. — Authorities in Carolina Beach have arrested a man suspected of involvement in suspicious fires that left two people dead, according to WTVD-TV.

Carolina Beach Police Chief Keith Hinkle said Sunday that officers had arrested Marshall Hudson Doran of Kure Beach on a charge of attempted first-degree burglary.

Authorities said the 22-year-old Doran is a “person of interest” in three separate fires that heavily damaged two condominium buildings and a car early Saturday.

Fire Chief Alan Griffin said firefighters had recovered two bodies from the rubble of the condos. The names of those killed has not yet been released. A firefighter and several people were taken to the hospital with minor injuries.

The suspect was placed in the New Hanover County jail under a $2.5 million secured bond. He has not been assigned an attorney.

The suspect was charged earlier this year in a double fatal hit-and-run in Wake County.

Must-See Stories

More Must-See Stories

MOST POPULAR

Follow FOX8 on Twitter