ARCHDALE, N.C. — The Archdale Police Department have identified and charged the driver of the deadly hit-and-run that happened on Friday, according to an Archdale Police Department news release.
The hit-and-run happened on South Main Street near the Guil-Rand Fire Department.
The driver, Brandy Nicole Woods, 32, of Randleman, was arrested without incident on Wednesday for:
- one count of involuntary manslaughter
- one count of felony hit-and-run
- one count of reckless driving to endanger
- one count of driving with license revoked
- one count of possession of drug paraphernalia
- one count of failure to maintain lane control
Woods was taken before Magistrate Bennett and given a $100,000 secure bond and a Nov. 30 first appearance in Randolph County Court.
The victim who died on scene has been identified as Edwin Shane Riley, 57, of Archdale.
The investigation determined that Riley had no contributing circumstances that led to the crash.
The investigation is ongoing and further charges may be forthcoming.
Anyone with information regarding this incident are asked to call the Archdale Police Department at (336) 434-3134 or Crimestoppers at (336) 861-STOP (7867).
Latest headlines from FOX8
- 500 block of Gillespie Street closed in Greensboro while officers investigate crash with injuries
- Teen returns home after Christmas Eve heart transplant
- Police arrest man trying to enter D.C. security checkpoint with loaded gun, fake inauguration credentials
- Greensboro officers investigating shooting on East Washington Street
- President-elect Biden announces picks for science team as security tightens ahead of inauguration