6-year-old, father taken to hospital after Winston-Salem fire

News
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — A family whose house caught fire in Winston-Salem Thursday told FOX8 that a 6-year-old and his father were both taken to the hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.

The mother and grandmother are reportedly fine.

The family says the fire was caused by a furnace.

This was the first time they had used it in a long time.

Around 9:30 a.m., the Winston-Salem Fire Department said the fire at 1938 Butler St. was in progress.

The WSFD then reported the fire was under control around 10:30 a.m.

Red Cross is helping the family.

Must-See Stories

More Must-See Stories

MOST POPULAR

Follow FOX8 on Twitter