PORTSMOUTH, Va. (WAVY) — Police in Portsmouth are now seeking 3 men in connection to a shooting that killed a 7-year-old girl.
Portsmouth Police were dispatched to a local hospital after two people walked in with gunshot wounds Tuesday afternoon.
Police got the call just before 2:30 p.m. Tuesday.
Officials said one of the victims, identified as 7-year-old Mylani L. Everette, suffered a gunshot wound to the upper body.
On Thursday, police said Mylani succumbed to her injuries.
The other victim was a 28-year-old man. His injuries were not considered life-threatening.
Initial investigations revealed that the shooting occurred in the area of Portsmouth Boulevard and Truxton Avenue.
Police believed the girl and the man were in two separate vehicles when a third vehicle fired several rounds at them.
Authorities are now looking for three individuals in connection to the incident.
They are Trevon Dionte Avery, Antonyo Jamal Taylor, and Avery Laquin Setzer. All are charged with first-degree murder and malicious wounding.
Latest headlines from FOX8
- Allergic to the COVID vaccine? There’s hope on the horizon, Dr. Fauci says
- With focus on offense, Panthers could go a number of directions with No. 8 pick
- New details emerge in disappearance and killing of Guilford County woman after suspect appears in court
- Man dead, woman hurt after pickup truck crashes into tractor plow on Old 60 in Wilkes County
- Instagram-famous cat dies after Brooklyn brawl