WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — A 22-month-old child was shot in Winston-Salem, according to Crime Stoppers of Winston-Salem Forsyth County.
At about 3:45 p.m. Wednesday, police responded to a report of a shooting on the 500 block of Dunleith Avenue.
At the scene, officers found the child suffering from a gunshot wound to the abdomen.
The child, identified as Damien Lopez Rumbo, was taken to a children’s hospital in critical condition.
According to Crimestoppers, the child was in a blue Nissan minivan when he was shot.
It is unclear if the shooting was accidental or if the child was struck by an intentional gunshot intended for someone else.
Latest headlines from FOX8
- Two charged after body of missing student found buried in Mojave Desert
- NFL makes history with all-Black officiating crew for Monday Night Football
- Looking for the new Xbox or PlayStation 5? These sites will alert you when they’re back in stock
- Greensboro Mayor Nancy Vaughan commended by governor for enforcing COVID-19 mandates
- Man found dead after vehicle crashes into Salem Lake in Winston-Salem