RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — Officials in North Carolina say two prison inmates died on Christmas.
The North Carolina Department of Public Safety said inmate Corey Hudson, 25, died of an apparent suicide at the Marion Correctional Institution.
Hudson was serving a four-year sentence after being convicted of assault with a deadly weapon, officials said.
An unnamed inmate at the Nash Correctional Institution died after testing positive for the coronavirus.
Officials said the inmate, 81, had “extensive underlying medical issues” and tested positive for the virus earlier this month.
Latest headlines from FOX8
- Man on bicycle hit, killed in Burlington along South Church Street
- Passenger on Delta flight restrained after altercation with multiple people near front of plane, video shows
- Shooter threatened to kill people on Facebook before killing grandma, 1-year-old in Publix
- Deputy spots fake cop pulling woman over in NC, arrests him
- Greensboro police sergeant hit by van on Wendover Avenue, taken to hospital