ROANOKE RAPIDS, N.C. (AP) — Police in North Carolina have arrested two men in connection with a drug-related death which occurred in June.
News outlets report Roanoke Rapids police said 22-year-old Kateo Wardell Harris Jr. and 22-year-old Nyati Garner surrendered to authorities on Wednesday.
Police filed multiple charges against Harris, including second-degree murder.
According to police, Harris was on probation at the time he turned himself in.
Garner was charged with felony conspiracy.
Both men face drug-related charges.
Investigators say 25-year-old Rakueem Edmonds died on June 26 at a Roanoke Rapids motel from what was described as drug-related complications.
It’s not known if they have attorneys.
Latest headlines from FOX8
- William & Mary mistakenly sends ‘congratulations’ to 350 students
- Roger Self, man who killed 2 family members by driving into NC restaurant, sentenced to at least 40 years in prison
- NC country club sued over proposed ‘men’s only’ dining space
- NC woman died from massive brain aneurysm 2 days after getting Johnson & Johnson vaccine, daughter says
- Post office tells NC man it stopped delivering to his home because of thefts in the area