BRYSON CITY, N.C. (AP) — A campground fire in North Carolina has killed a 15-year-old boy and injured his brother.
The Swain County Sheriff’s Office said in a Facebook post that Blake Lantz died in the blaze at the Ela Campground and RV park in Bryson City Sunday night.
The fire started at one camper and spread to nine different units, destroying seven.
Officials said his brother was injured as he escaped the blaze, but is expected to recover.
Lantz’s body is being sent to Chapel Hill for an autopsy.
Latest headlines from FOX8
- Biden meets with lawmakers to try to broker social spending deal
- Greensboro woman has been serving compassion with Greensboro Urban Ministry for over 30 years
- Child tax credit: Why some might get a smaller payment in October, November, December
- Buying bacon or ham? Pork prices rising as labor shortage continues
- Fatal crash closes interstate 77 southbound in Surry County