This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

AUGUSTA, Ga. — A 12-year-old boy died Monday after being electrocuted while climbing a fence to retrieve a ball during football practice, the Augusta Chronicle reported.

Melquan Kwame Robinson climbed over a chain-link fence. A live wire was touching the fence, and when Melquan grabbed the fence, he was electrocuted.

Three other people were also injured in the incident, the Chronicle reported.

Melquan was taken to a hospital where he was pronounced dead.