10-year-old girl dies rescuing kittens from behind dryer

News
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

NEW BOSTON, Texas — A 10-year-old girl was electrocuted while rescuing kittens from behind a clothes dryer, WTVD reported.

“She’s a beautiful soul. She had more compassion in her at 10 years old than most adults do in their entire lifetime,” her mother, Shelby Roos, told KSLA. “She loved her babies and she would do anything for them.”

The family said on their GoFundMe page that Greenlee Marie loved animals so much that she wanted to become a vet.

“Her whole life she had enjoyed helping those less fortunate than herself, and had always planned when she was older to become a veterinarian and to help rescue more animals,” the family wrote.

Police are investigating why the girl was electrocuted. Apparently the home had some electrical issues in the past.

Must-See Stories

More Must-See Stories

MOST POPULAR

Follow FOX8 on Twitter