UNION, S.C. (WSPA) – A child has died and three other people were hurt, including two firefighters, after a house fire in Union Wednesday evening.
Firefighters were called to the scene on 2nd Avenue around 5:45pm for a house fire.
The house was fully engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived.
According to the Union Public Safety Department, one civilian died while another was hurt in the fire.
The Union County Coroner identified the victim as 7-year-old Caeli Ratcliffe.
Two firefighters were also hurt in the fire and are in good condition, according to the public safety department.
SLED has been called to the scene to investigate the fire along with the South Carolina State Fire Marshal and the Union County Coroner’s Office.
Latest headlines from FOX8
- 500 block of Gillespie Street closed in Greensboro while officers investigate crash with injuries
- Teen returns home after Christmas Eve heart transplant
- Police arrest man trying to enter D.C. security checkpoint with loaded gun, fake inauguration credentials
- Greensboro officers investigating shooting on East Washington Street
- President-elect Biden announces picks for science team as security tightens ahead of inauguration