THOMASVILLE, N.C. — While many people make their shopping decisions based just on the price, others have a different set of priorities. They want to know where something was made and where their dollars are going.
Now an effort is underway in one piedmont community to make sure those dollars help small businesses around the country.
Brad Jones tells us about the BL Maker’s Market in Thomasville and the movement that’s made in North Carolina.
You have a chance to help with construction costs through a special Facebook live auction this Thursday night at 7 p.m.
Latest headlines from FOX8
- White House still planning holiday parties, despite virus warnings
- Salisbury High School teacher accused of indecent liberties with a child facing new charges
- Biden names climate statesman John Kerry as climate envoy
- Strange metal objects are being found in the desert
- ‘Huge recovery:’ Home sales in Myrtle Beach area increase 65% since start of pandemic