A chef from Texas Roadhouse visited the FOX8 morning show Friday to share how to make its famous “Loaded Sweet Potatoes.”
Here is the recipe:
Equipment: Oven safe pan, Knife, oven mitts, measuring cups
• Bake sweet potato in oven at 450° for 35 to 45 minutes, until tender.
• Remove at once and prick with a fork to let steam out – be careful, steam will be very hot.
• Cut a 1 1/2-inch cross in the center of each potato.
• Using oven mitts open the potato by pushing the ends toward the center until filling starts to push through the cut.
• Place ½ the marshmallows into the sweet potato
• Pour 2 oz of your favorite store brand caramel sauce over the marshmallows; or make your own sauce using the recipe below.
• Place the rest of the marshmallows over the caramel sauce.
• Put potato bake on an oven safe pan and put back in the oven on Broil.
• Let cook for just a minute or two, keeping careful watch.
• Remove from oven when marshmallows start to brown.
• Serve as soon as possible.
Honey Caramel Sauce
• 4 tablespoons butter
• 1/4 cup light brown sugar
• 1/4 cup honey
In a saucepan add butter and whisk in brown sugar: do not boil. Add honey and continue stirring for approximately 4 to 5 minutes.