Sheetz shared some of its secret recipes with FOX8 on this Recipe Wednesday.
Corporate Chef Dan Coffin showed Shannon Smith how to make some of the popular items on their menu.
Menu item: Breakfast Burrito
- 4, 8-10” tortillas
- 12 oz spicy breakfast or chorizo sausage
- 1 large onion
- 8 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 1 cup Pico de Gallo or Salsa
- 1 sliced fresh jalapeño
- 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- Your favorite hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper
- Julienne or slice the onion into thin strips.
- In a heavy skillet or cast iron pan melt two tablespoons of butter on medium-low heat, add onion.
- Cook the onion until it becomes lightly brown and caramelized.
- Once onion is cooked add crumbled or diced sausage to the pan and cook until brown
- In a medium bowl whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper and add to the sausage and onion mix.
- Stirring with a spatula or wooden spoon cook eggs until scrambled and cooked to desired doneness, remove from heat
- Place mixture equally between four tortillas and top each with 2oz of shredded cheese, hot sauce, garnish with Pico de Gallo and jalapenos, if desired.
- Fold tortilla over then fold in the sides to make burrito.
Menu item: Honey Mustard Sandwich Spread
- 1/4 cup of mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoon honey
- 2 Tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 2 Tablespoon brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- Pinch salt
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, honey, whole-grain mustard, brown mustard and hot sauce and stir well to combine.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready for use.
- Honey-Mustard Sandwich Spread can be used as a dipping sauce or dressing
Menu item: MTO Spicy Chicken Sandwich
- 4 pretzel buns
- 4 pieces of grilled or fried chicken breasts
- 2 sliced jalapenos
- 4 pieces of pepper jack cheese
- 4 pieces of rinsed leaf or romaine lettuce
- One vine ripened tomato
- 1 thinly sliced red onion
- Honey Mustard Sandwich Spread
- Toast pretzel buns on grill
- Place each piece of chicken on bottom of toasted roll
- Top with 1 piece each of pepper jack cheese
- Top with desired vegetables
- Spread Honey Mustard Sandwich Spread onto the top bun and assemble
By Executive Chef Dan Coffin
Menu item: Cheerwine Float
- Cheerwine Soda
- 1 Pint of Vanilla Ice Cream
- Scoop Vanilla ice cream into cup until reaches the top
- Tilt cup slightly and pour in Cheerwine Soda slowly to avoid overflowing
- Fill to top
- Top with whipped cream (optional)