Shannon Smith was at Godino’s Bakery checking out great summer sweet treats.
To find out what else Godino’s offers, check out their site at: http://godinosbakery.com/
English Strawberry Shortcake
1 ½ pounds — fresh strawberries quartered
½ cup — granulated sugar
Directions:Toss sugar and strawberries together and set aside for 30 minutes.
1 ½ cups — cold heavy cream
3 tablespoons — powdered sugar
1 teaspoon — vanilla extract
Directions: Combine all ingredients and whip in stainless steel bowl until soft peaks. Do not over mix.
2 cups — all purpose flour
3 teaspoon — baking powder
½ teaspoon — baking soda
4 tablespoons — granulated sugar
1 ½ cups — heavy cream
Directions: In a mixing bowl combine all ingredients and mix well with a spatula. Do not over mix. Divide into 6 even scoops. Place on baking sheet and dust with granulated sugar. Bake at 400 degrees for approximately 20 minutes.
Directions: Slice biscuit in half, place whip cream on top of bottom half. Laddle strawberries on top of whip cream and place top of biscuit on Strawberries. Dust with powdered sugar.
Fresh Berry Parfait with Cinnamon Crème Anglaise
Cinnamon Crème Anglaise
16 ounces — Half and Half
2 teaspoons — Vanilla Extract
1 teaspoon — Cinnamon
5 each — Egg Yolks
1/3 cup — Powdered Sugar
Directions:In a stainless steel bowl combine all ingredients and place over a pot of simmering water. Stir constantly until the sauce is thick and coats the back of a spoon. Set aside and allow to cool.
Strawberry Blackberry Raspberry Blueberry
Directions: Toss all the berries together to mix them up and Place them in a Parfait, Wine or Champagne Glass. Ladle about 2 to 3 ounces of the Crème Anglaise over the fruit and serve!!
Peach Mango Pie
2 cups — Sliced Mango
2 cups — Sliced Peach
½ cup — Granulated Sugar
3 Tablespoons — Cornstarch
1 Teaspoon — Cinnamon
2 Teaspoons — Lemon Juice
1 Tablespoon — Butter
2 each store bought pie crust
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a 9-inch pie pan with half of
the pie pastry. Set aside.
2. Combine mango, peaches, sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, and cinnamon in a bowl;
stir until the sugar has dissolved. Transfer mango mixture into the prepared pie pan.
3. Dot the mixture with the butter, then cover with the top crust. Pinch the edges of the
top and bottom crusts together to seal. Cut several vents on the top crust.
4. Bake in the preheated oven until the crust is golden brown and the juices are
bubbling, about 45 minutes
French Apple Dumpling
1 Cup — Water
1 Cup — Sugar
1 Cup — Butter
2 Gala Apples (peeled, cored, cut into quarters and sliced thinly)
1 Sheet — Puff Dough
3 Tablespoons — Sugar
1 tsp — Cinnamon
1. In a sauce pan, combine the water, sugar and butter and cook on low until sugar is
2. Cut the puff dough into 4 pieces and then cut each piece on an angle so that it looks
like a triangle.
3. Combine the sugar and the cinnamon and save for dusting over the dumpling.
4. Roll each quartered and sliced apples up in the puff dough from the wide side down
to the thin side.
5. Place dumplings in a casserole or sheet pan. Pour the liquid on top and dust the
dumplings with the cinnamon sugar mix.
6. Bake at 375 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until puff dough is golden in color.