This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Make a beautiful fall decoration that tastes delicious too. Dewey’s bakery showed us how to make Baked Apple roses.
Baked Apple Raspberry Rose
- Red apples
- 4 T Raspberry Jam
- 1 T Cinnamon
- 1 T sugar
- Flour for coating work space
- 2 T lemon juice in a bowl of water (if making more than 6 roses)
- Frozen puff pastry
- Non-stick spray
- 6x powdered sugar (optional)
- Cut the apples into slices keeping the skin on.
- Stick in the microwave for 35 seconds. You want the apple slices to bend but not break.
- While they cool down, cut the puff pastry into 2 x 9 strips with a little flour underneath them.
- Brush the puff pastry with raspberry jam.
- Begin to overlap the apple slices at the top of the puff pastry, leaving an inch of pastry at the bottom.
- Sprinkle a little cinnamon and sugar on top of the apples.
- Then fold the bottom of the pop pastry over the apples.
- Begin to roll one end of the puff pastry on top of itself into a rose shape. Pinch the bottom.
- Spray a cupcake pan with nonstick spray and place inside.
- Bake 375 for 25-30 min.
- Can coat with powdered sugar for extra decoration.
- 1 lb cream cheese
- 1 T vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- Green food coloring
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar in a mixing bowl until blended.
- Add eggs, green dye and vanilla. Only beat until blended.
- In a food processor, chop one bag of Dewey’s classic sugar Moravian thins and one bag of Dewey’s ginger spice thins with 1/2 C of cold butter. 1/2 C of pecans is optional.
- Press the crust into a buttered 9×12 sheet pan.
- Pour in batter and bake at 375 for 1 hour.
- Cut into rectangles to make Frankenstein heads and decorate!