HIGH POINT, N.C. — After a long day of work or taking care of the kids, no one wants to spend tons of time in the kitchen cooking dinner.
This Recipe Wednesday FOX8 has a few cooking short cuts to save time.
Ham and Swiss Roll-ups
1 package ham, sandwich sliced in package in 4”X6” slices, cut into thirds
1 package swiss cheese, sliced, cut into halves
2 tubes crescent roll dough
2 egg yolks
1 T whole grain mustard
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray sheet pan with non-stick spray.
- Open crescent rolls and spread out triangles on cutting board.
- Take 1 piece ham (1/3 of one slice) and lay on triangle.
- Take 1 piece Swiss (1/2 of one slice) and lay on top of ham.
- Roll wide end of dough up to narrow end.
- Lay all pieces on sheet pan.
- Combine with spoon egg yolks and mustard in a small bowl.
- Take spoon and spread small amount on top of roll.
- Bake for time on crescent roll pack, until golden brown.
May serve warm or may serve cold, delicious either way!
Yield: 16 pieces
Note: If you want to make smaller roll-ups, just cut dough, ham and swiss in half. Cook time will be slightly shorter.
Practical shortcuts in the kitchen
What to do with those extra herbs'
Quick, Easy, Time-saving Spaghetti Sauce
1 jar Prego traditional spaghetti sauce
1 jar Ragu traditional spaghetti sauce
(note: use your favorite sauces, does not have to be these!)
1 pack button mushrooms, sliced
1 pound ground beef
- Brown ground beef in dutch oven.
- Once fully cooked, drain grease.
- Add both spaghetti sauces.
- Add mushrooms.
- Cover and simmer for one hour.
- Wash out spaghetti sauce jars and lids, and allow to dry.
- Allow sauce to cool for one hour.
- Fill both jars with sauce (be sure to stir sauce well first, meat will have settled to bottom) and put lids on jars (leave a little bit of room at the top of the jar because the sauce will expand as it freezes).
- Place jars in freezer for future use.
- You will have approximately 2 – 3 servings sauce leftover. We always put in Tupperware and place in fridge for immediate consumption.
Yield: 10 - 12 servings