Pumpkin or sweet potato pie? Tomorrow is Thanksgiving so we are trying to determine which pie is better.
Now it’s your turn to weigh in!
Great Aunt Margaret’s Sweet Potato Pie
- 2 cups mashed cooked sweet potatoes
- 3 extra large eggs, beaten
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 ½ cups canned milk
- 4 Tbls. Melted butter
- 2 Tbls. Vanilla extract
- 2 Tbls. Lemon extract
- ½ tsp salt
Mix all ingredients together and pour into pie shell and bake on 325 for 35 to 45 minutes or until done in the middle.
Fresh Pumpkin Pie
Yield: 1 pie
- 1 ea medium to large pie pumpkin
- 1 12 fl oz can evaporated milk
- 3 medium sized eggs
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 ½ pumpkin spice
- 1 ea 9-inch deep dish pie crust
- Preheat oven to 325
- Cut pumpkin in half from stem to base (remove stem). Remove seeds and center
- Wrap pumpkin in foil and place on baking sheet face up. Bake for 30-40 min until tender
- Remove and chill to room temp. Scrape pumpkin from skin and puree in food processor until smooth
- Combine just under two cups of pumpkin puree with evaporated milk, eggs, spice and sugar. Beat together with paddle or spoon until smooth
- Pour mixture into pie crust and bake at 325 for approx. 45min
- Top with whip cream and serve
No matter which pie you make or what you do for the holiday, remember: Thanksgiving on Pinterest looks a little different from Thanksgiving in real life!