DAVIDSON COUNTY, N.C. — The thought of having to surrender a family pet just so holiday expenses can be covered is a devastating decision.
Davidson County Animal Alliance is collecting donations to help keep families together.
Last year, they distributed over 7,000 pounds of pet food, and this year is expected to be even more demanding.
Mindy Faircloth sums up their mission, “We don’t want people to have to choose between giving gifts for their kids or feeding their pets.”
Latest headlines from FOX8
- President Biden to name Pulse Nightclub a national memorial
- Though you may be vaccinated, not everyone may be eligible for $1 million vaccine drawing in NC. Here’s why
- Andrew Brown Jr. march organized by faith leaders for Saturday in Elizabeth City
- Americans paid off over $100B in credit card debt during the pandemic, but that trend may already be over
- Teachers wary of new laws limiting instruction on race