DAVIDSON COUNTY, N.C. — The thought of having to surrender a family pet just so holiday expenses can be covered is a devastating decision.
Davidson County Animal Alliance is collecting donations to help keep families together.
Last year, they distributed over 7,000 pounds of pet food, and this year is expected to be even more demanding.
Mindy Faircloth sums up their mission, “We don’t want people to have to choose between giving gifts for their kids or feeding their pets.”
Latest headlines from FOX8
- Community reflects on 1-year anniversary of John Neville Jr.’s death
- Historic Magnolia House in Greensboro offers shoebox meals via delivery apps
- Winston-Salem man’s holiday light display includes tribute to law enforcement, health care workers
- Light the Night kicks off in downtown Greensboro
- SC lawmakers to consider home alcohol deliveries in 2021