Parents of girl electrocuted at pool suing the city of Lexington

Morning Show

Laura Cecil

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Data pix.

DAVIDSON COUNTY, N.C. -- The parents of an 11-year-old girl who was electrocuted in a swimming pool this summer are now suing the City of Lexington.

According to The-Dispatch, an attorney for Lori and Keith Cecil filed suit Monday in Davidson County Superior Court.

Their only daughter, Lauren, died at Brookside Swim Club back in July shortly after a power line fell.

The lifeguard told everyone to get out of the pool. When Lauren tried to climb out using the metal ladder, she was electrocuted.

Investigators believe the current traveled through the ground to the pool.

The City of Lexington and the power company, ElectriCities of North Carolina, are names defendants in the suit.

Source: The-Dispatch

Must-See Stories

More Must-See Stories

MOST POPULAR

Follow FOX8 on Twitter