DaeQuan is looking for his Forever Family.
“DaeQuan is incredibly smart and excels in all academics,” said Ashley McKinley, a child advocate.
He says he wants to major in science and math in college.
“DaeQuan would love to go to Duke and to pursue a degree and go on and get his doctorate,” McKinley said.
“I want to be a neuroscientist. I read this book about Ben Carson’s gifted hands, and it really caught my eye. He has some of the same things I was going through, so if felt natural,” DaeQuan said. “It felt like this is what I wanted to do, and I was already excelling in science, math…I understand it. I have a lot of love for it, so why not?”
McKinley says she hopes DaeQuan can be in a home where he is really fostered and encouraged to pursue his dreams and show the world the incredible young man he is.
You can learn more about adopting at www.foreverfamily.org.
Latest headlines from FOX8
- Virginia Commonwealth University fraternity suspended following death of a 19-year-old freshman
- Third stimulus checks: Will we get $1,400 payments in March?
- Newsfeed Now: Third COVID vaccine begins US rollout; 7-year-old opens lemonade stand to fund brain surgery
- Mother, boyfriend charged after 6-year-old killed, dumped in Ohio River, police say
- White House COVID-19 team briefs public as J&J vaccine doses shipped to states