Known for portraying the title role in “Juno” (2007), 33-year-old actor Elliot Page has come out as transgender.
The actor announced on Twitter Tuesday that his name is Elliot and that he uses the pronouns “he” and “they.”
“I feel lucky to be writing this. To be here. To have arrived at this place in my life,” he said in his tweet.
Page earned nominations for an Academy Award, a BAFTA Award, a Critics’ Choice Award, a Golden Globe Award and a Screen Actors Guild Award for his role in Juno.
He also portrays Vanya Hargreeves in Netflix’s “The Umbrella Academy,” a TV series based on comic books of the same name.
“I feel overwhelming gratitude for the incredible people who have supported me along this journey,” he wrote.” I can’t begin to express how remarkable it feels to finally love who I am enough to pursue my authentic self. I’ve been endlessly inspired by so many in the trans community. Thank you for your courage, your generosity and ceaselessly working to make this world a more inclusive and compassionate place. I will offer whatever support I can and continue to strive for a more loving and equal society.”
Latest headlines from FOX8
- Super matchup between QBs Mahomes, Brady for NFL title
- What you need to know about social security before you retire
- Thieves walk past dead man to steal from his home, police say
- When is the 2021 Daytona 500? Start time, TV schedule and more
- NASCAR to hold pre-race Daytona 500 concert with Luke Combs