FOX 8 WGHP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status or any other legally protected classification in accordance with federal, state and local law.
Photojournalist – Regular Full Time
WGHP/FOX 8, Tribune Media’s FOX affiliate serving the Piedmont area of North Carolina has a unique opportunity available for a seasoned photojournalist to join our team.
We are looking for an individual with a good attitude and excellent people skills. Teamwork with a reporter is essential, but some days you may gather the news solo. Must be able to work under deadline pressure, demonstrate solid ethical news judgment and have excellent communication skills.
Our photojournalists must be able to shoot, produce and edit creative television news stories on high definition broadcast equipment. Must be capable of learning how to operate an SNG/microwave live truck. Must understand basic NPPA storytelling, shooting, lighting and editing techniques. Be willing to work hard, tolerate flexible scheduling, including weekends, and like to have fun.
High school diploma required, college degree preferred. Must have a valid driver’s license and maintain a clean driving record. Previous ENG experience preferred.
Producer – Regular Full Time
WGHP is recruiting for a 4pm show producer. The producer must be a strong storyteller who brings energy and is ready to take on a challenging new opportunity! This person needs to excel under tight deadlines, be a proven newsroom leader and bring bold, creative ideas for developing the newscast. We are looking for someone who is a strong, dynamic, collaborative, and a people oriented leader. The right candidate will have solid news judgment, be a positive coach, have impeccable writing skills and be able to produce compelling shows while overseeing talent.
- Write, manage and approve content for air
- Collaborate with Editors, Associate Producers and the assignment desk to select stories for coverage
- Develop and supervise effective workflow strategies and procedures for multiple programs
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; equivalent experience required
- 2+ years previous news producing experience
- Demonstrated ability to track and select trending news stories
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a rapid, fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays
Associate Producer – Regular Full Time
WGHP/FOX 8 is looking for a person with a passion for writing and a nose for news. This individual will assist newscast producers with all elements of putting together a newscast including writing and researching stories. Will work with all aspects of the production of a newscast, including coordination with the production staff and graphic artists. Could be assigned overnight and weekend shifts. Will perform other duties as assigned.
This is a training position with expectations to become a newscast producer who will fill-in as needed. Must be an excellent writer, focusing on matching script to video. Must have outstanding spelling, grammar, and copy editing skills. Must be able to work flexible schedule. Broadcast and other related news experience preferred. Must have good news judgment and know current events. Requires strong communications and people skills. Must be detail-oriented, organized, and able to multi-task in a fast paced environment within specific time constraints.
Requirements: College degree required. Must be proficient with PC and industry specific software.
Account Executive – Regular Full Time
If you are a highly motivated individual with outside sales experience and would like to join a top-rated TV station in the Greensboro-High Point-Winston-Salem market, send your cover letter and resume to FOX8/WGHP.
We are looking for a polished professional looking to take their sales skills to the next level utilizing multi-platform sales: internet, broadcast, social media and digital channel.
The successful candidate must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish, develop and maintain business relationships. Strong negotiation skills, the ability to multi-task, and a creative eye for commercial ideas are also necessary. Keen organizational and computer skills are required. Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and have previous outside sales experience. College degree required.
Thank you for your interest. Please note that this is not an actual Job Opening. Tribune Media Company is being proactive in their search for candidates by building a database of qualified resumes for future opportunities. Once you have submitted your contact details and some basic information about your background, it will be reviewed as opportunities arise.
Local Sales Assistant – Regular Full Time
WGHP, the Tribune FOX affiliate in Greensboro/High Point, NC is hiring for a Local Sales Assistant to join its team. The primary focus of the Sales Assistant is to perform all aspects of local sales order processing and to provide clerical support, and coordination for Sales personnel.
- Processes local orders and correspondence.
- Processes make-goods and exceptions for local orders.
- Generates local sales availabilities for Sales personnel via computer.
- Maintains local sales lists via computer.
- Assists in order input via traffic system as required.
- Types correspondence and presentations accurately.
- Uses computers for various projects, usually spreadsheets, mailing lists, memos, and promo pieces.
- Assists advertisers with requests in the absence of Sales personnel.
- Receives incoming telephone calls for local sales.
- Receives and routes correspondence.
- Maintains confidential files and office records.
- Greets advertisers and public for appointments with Sales department.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
Experience in using traffic system, other computers, word processors and Microsoft Office. Knowledge of standard English in compiling and writing reports and letters. Knowledge of filing systems. Knowledge of traffic operation. Must possess a valid State Driver’s License (or be able to get one).
A minimum of two years’ WORK experience.
Dexterity to operate keys and buttons on computers, telephones and other office equipment. Ability to lift up to 20 pounds, as required, and ability to file in high and low areas.
Reporter/MMJ – Regular Full Time
A top rated FOX affiliate is looking for that next great reporter. You have to like telling great stories, working with award winning photojournalists, and using the hottest/newest television technology. Bringing the energy every day to do creative live shots and standups is a must. You also need to be a social butterfly able to Facebook, tweet, and Instagram at a moment’s notice with engaging content. If this sounds like you, then what are you waiting for, apply for our reporter opening.
Duties include planning, researching, writing, and reporting (both live and taped), as well as personal appearances on behalf of the station.
Candidate must have a minimum of 2 years of television news experience.
General Assignment Reporter – Regular Full Time
WGHP, Tribune Media’s FOX affiliate serving the Piedmont area of North Carolina is recruiting for a dynamic reporter who will break stories, do creative live shots, and enterprise great pkgs. We have award winning photojournalists, all the best equipment and 10.5 hours of local news to fill a day. We’re seeking someone who can quickly become immersed in the community to develop and maintain a story source network. Duties include planning, researching, writing, and reporting (both live and taped), as well as personal appearances on behalf of the station. The job requires solid journalism skills and a strong knowledge of national and international events, as well as keeping up on all local stories. Must be able to deal effectively with people, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and work accurately and efficiently under pressure.
Candidate must demonstrate proficiency with live news technology, creative production techniques, and newsroom computers, have a minimum of 2 years of television news experience, and be a strong live reporter with excellent writing and storytelling skills.
College degree required, with preferred major in journalism.
Master Control Operator – Regular Full Time
WGHP/FOX 8 has an opening for a Master Control Operator. The successful candidate will operate state of the art broadcast equipment including but not limited to automated on-air playback systems, satellite receiving equipment and server-based media storage systems. Must be a highly motivated individual with heavy emphasis on digital media, FTP protocol, and file movement from in-house and out of house networks.
Oversee transmitter remote, take transmitter readings, and make remote adjustments to transmitter as needed. Must communicate effectively with all station departments. Must make quick decisions and have the ability to react quickly to changing conditions. Must be able to precisely write discrepancy reports daily and maintain written documentation of daily events and errors during assigned shifts. Regularly assesses audio and video (visually and audibly) content of on-air signal for quality and conformity to on-air look. Attend and participate in department meetings, safety meetings and training. Operator may assist in training other operators in attaining new skills or training new employees on station specific equipment and operations. Effectively communicate with other departments regarding on-air and operational situations. Occasionally moves throughout the station and the department to coordinate work requirements.
Good computer skills a must. High school diploma required and college degree preferred. Prefer candidates that have 1-2 years’ experience as a Master Control Operator.
Maintenance Technician (Regular Full Time)
WGHP/FOX is recruiting for a skilled maintenance technician to join our team. This is an excellent entry level engineering opportunity.
The essential functions of this position are:
- Will assist in installation, maintaining and repair of broadcast equipment, systems and installations, including but not limited to routing and switching systems, studio equipment, receivers and links, edit systems, live vehicles, RF and ENG/SNG equipment.
- Ideal candidate should have the ability to understand various broadcast systems functionality as the whole and to the device level of same broadcast systems.
- Work effectively and courteously with other departments to solve equipment and operational problems.
- Provide documentation, as required. Documentation may include, but is not limited to, technical drawings, databases, repair logs and procedures.
- Required to ensure timely repair of equipment.
- Regularly set up, adjust, assemble, control, test and operate station equipment to meet engineering department requirements.
- Required to keep skill sets and knowledge current in existing and emerging technologies.
- Must be proficient with word processing software and job specific software such as databases, terminal and control programs. Good computer skills are a must.
- An understanding of computer networking, cabling, software installation and repair
- Attend and participate in department meetings, safety meetings and training.
- Must be able to lift equipment weighing 50 pounds.
- Regularly receives and gives information and instruction via telephone and e-mail to station personnel or outside vendors.
Any other duties as may be assigned by the Manager of Engineering or VP/Director of Technology.
Must have a high school diploma or equivalent education. Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including overtime and varied hours, holidays and weekends as required. Must be prepared to occasionally work outside in adverse weather conditions such as rain, snow and extreme heat or cold. Must be able to lift and carry fifty (50) pounds (using hand truck or pushcart) and with hands lift and carry equipment, traverse walking distances, stairs and rough terrain to complete essential job functions
Travel as required to remote production site, translator and transmitter sites.
Weekend Assignment Desk Editor/Web Producer – Regular Full Time
FOX8 News has an exciting opportunity for an Assignment Editor “PLUS.” This Weekend Assignment Editor is responsible for managing assignments, coordinating vehicle logistics, monitoring phones, scanners, wires, digital platforms and keeping up with local contacts to ensure newsroom is aware of all potential stories, especially breaking news.
You will also be needed to help out with our web content and be able to fill-in as an associate producer.
Assignment Desk Responsibilities:
- Reviews all news releases and news email
- Monitors police and fire scanners
- Monitors other local and national news sources as well as all digital platforms, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and any other online news sources for story ideas.
- Plans and assigns the news stories of the day.
- Coordinates crews and logistics to make sure the selected stories are covered efficiently with available staff.
- Attend planning meeting with News Director, Asst. News Director and Assignment Manager.
- Contacts news management in the event of significant breaking news that requires additional resources or would require interrupting regular programming.
Web Producer Responsibilities:
The Weekend Assignment Editor will also write content for and post stories and photos to MYFOX8.COM Digital-Mobile-Social platforms.
Associate Producer Responsibilities:
Associate Producer will work closely with producers, managers, reporters, directors, editors and graphic artists.
They will help producers write and execute daily newscasts, with an emphasis on high story count, breaking news and big weather coverage.
- Bachelor’s Degree in journalism/communications or equivalent experience in the field.
- At least 1 year of newsroom experience.
- Strong communication skills, conflict management and customer service skills.
- Strong organizational skills in a fast paced environment and deadline driven environment.
- Requires sound news judgment, the ability to work under tight deadlines and in stressful situations.
- Experience posting stories to digital-mobile-social platforms.
- The ability to work a flexible schedule.
FOR CONSIDERATION – Interested candidates should apply online here. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
If you are an organization that would like to be added to the distribution list for the FOX 8 Job Openings, please contact us at TWilkins@Tribunemedia.com or call (336) 821-1204. You may also write us at:
FOX 8 WGHP
Attn: FOX 8 Jobs
2005 Francis St
High Point, NC 27263