This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
(WGHP) — March is National Nutrition Month!
Rima Kleiner with the Dairy Alliance stopped by FOX8 with a few healthy recipes to try.
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tsp. dried turmeric
- ¼ tsp. dried ginger
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- Combine ingredients in pan, heat over medium heat until warmed
- Put lid on and let steep for 10 min.
Overnight Greek Grain Salad
- 1.5 cups medium grain bulgur wheat
- 1.5 cups chopped assorted bell pepper (red, yellow, orange)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup EVOO
- 1/3 cup freshly squeeze lemon juice
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1.5 cups chopped cucumber
- 6 oz. crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup pitted Kalamata olives, chopped
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Combine everything except feta cheese, Kalamata olives, parsley.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Uncover bulgur mixture right before serving and mix in cucumber, feta cheese, olives and parsley.
- Serve with lemon slice. Makes 6 servings.