GREENSBORO, N.C. — For Caitlin Little and her family, 2020 has been an especially difficult year.
Caitlin is entering year four of dealing with anterograde amnesia following a sports accident in 2017.
She can remember everything before the accident, but wakes up every day thinking it is the day after the accident and has no recollection of the time in between.
As her brothers get older and continue to hit milestones, she stays frozen in place.
Her family worries about the impact it will have on her as her brothers get old enough to go on to college and move forward in life.
Caitlin can remember the grandfather she loved so much. But day-to-day, she has no memory of the fact that he passed away this year. Each time she finds out is equally painful.
FOX8 has been following Caitlin’s story for the past two years. See the latest update in this edition of the Buckley Report.
A GoFundMe has been set up to help the Little family.
For previous stories and video:
Subscribe to the Caitlin Can’t Remember podcast in the iTunes store or Google Play and get updates on Caitlin’s condition and her family’s search for answers, or you can just click on the podcast player below.
Latest headlines from FOX8
- Twitter suspends GOP Rep. Banks for misgendering trans health official
- 46% of adults would listen to same song on repeat for 3 days — just for more ‘me time’
- Report: Rally organizers say GOP lawmakers worked on Jan. 6 protests
- Another victim of prolific serial killer John Wayne Gacy identified
- Common ‘kissing disease’ among teens may trigger multiple sclerosis