House fire in Winston-Salem leaves 4 people looking for somewhere else to stay

Data pix.

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — Four people are without a home after a fire in Winston-Salem, according to the Winston-Salem Fire Department.

At about 1:24 a.m., WSFD tweeted video of the scene, showing smoking pouring out from a home on the 300 block of Lemly Street.

At about 2:10 a.m., officials said the fire was under control.

No one was injured.

The American Red Cross is helping four people find somewhere else to stay.

The battalion chief said the fire was caused by a faulty flue connected to a stove that heats the home.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.