Hoverboard causes fire at Greensboro apartment complex

Data pix.

GREENSBORO, N.C. -- A family will have to find somewhere else to stay Wednesday night after a fire at a Greensboro apartment.

At 8:10 p.m., firefighters were called to the Berryman Square Apartments after a report of a fire.

Battalion Chief Brandon Weaver said the fire was caused by a hoverboard.

One apartment sustained smoke damage and minimal structural damage.

No other apartments were damaged.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.