Victim’s name released from fatal Thomasville house fire

THOMASVILLE, N.C. -- The identity of the person who died in a house fire in Thomasville on Friday has been released.

Greg Lee Rhodes, 56, died in the fire on 201 Koontz Avenue, according to the Thomasville Police Department.

Rhodes lived with a roommate who tried to go back in the house and save them after the fire broke out while the two were asleep, the Fire Department says.

The Fire Department received a call at 11:07 p.m. and the fire was stopped and under control by 11:29 p.m.

Witnesses said the flames went as high as 20 feet.

The fire investigation is currently being conducted by the Thomasville Fire Department and the North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.