1 dead, 3 taken to hospital after house fire in Winston-Salem

Data pix.

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. – One person died and three others are being evaluated at a hospital after a house fire in Winston-Salem on Sunday.

Crews responded to the 2200 block of Flag Street on Sunday morning and had the fire under control shortly later.

The names of the victims have not been released. The American Red Cross is helping the people who lost their home.

The fire started from untended cooking and there were no working smoke detectors, according to the Winston-Salem Fire Department.

Three people are being evaluated at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center.

Google Map for coordinates 36.098508 by -80.213087.

The 2200 block of Flag Street in Winston-Salem, NC 27101, USA

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.