HAPPENING TODAY: Planned crane tower implosion at the Hard Rock Hotel construction site in New Orleans
FOX8 Friday Football Frenzy high school scoreboard

Cigarette sparks fire at Econo Lodge in Eden

EDEN, N.C. — A lit cigarette left out sparked a fire at a hotel in Eden, according to the fire department.

Firefighters responded at about 1:17 a.m. Thursday morning to the Econo Lodge on Van Buren Road.

The fire, which was ruled accidental, forced police to evacuate the building.

No one was injured.

According the fire department, the building will still be able to operate as there was no serious structural damage.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.