Videos show storm damage around the Piedmont Triad

Winston-Salem First evacuated after carbon monoxide detected

(WGHP)

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — A Winston-Salem church was evacuated due to the presence of carbon monoxide Wednesday.

EMS responded to a report of a person with a headache at Winston-Salem First on University Parkway.

A fire crew responded and detected carbon monoxide in the main building of the church.

Officials evacuated the building.

No one was taken to the hospital, according to EMS.

A staff member with the church said the only people there were staff members preparing for Wednesday night’s service.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.