1 woman, 3 children lose home after fire at Winston-Salem apartment complex

(Winston-Salem Fire Department)

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. – One woman and three children are out of a home after a fire at a Winston-Salem apartment complex that was caused by unattended cooking.

Crews were called to the scene at 3860 Wabash Blvd. Northwest on a call of a fire in progress.

The Winston-Salem Fire Department posted an image of the scene to social media at about 12:30 p.m. The situation was under control within about an hour.

Residents were safely evacuated and nobody was hurt, according to authorities. The American Red Cross is helping the displaced residents.

Google Map for coordinates 36.162895 by -80.328456.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.