14 dogs die in South Carolina house fire

Firefighter stock photo (Getty Images)

COLLETON COUNTY, S.C. — Fourteen dogs are dead after a house fire in South Carolina that was caused by a heat lamp on the porch, according to authorities.

WCSC reported that crews responded to the fire at a home in the Walterboro area of Colleton County shortly after 10:30 a.m. Sunday.

Firefighters recovered the bodies of seven puppies and seven adult dogs.

Nobody was home at the time, but the home sustained substantial damage, according to the Colleton County Fire Department.

The first started from a heat lamp on the home’s front porch which was being used to keep the dogs warm, according to investigators.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.