What’s open on Thanksgiving? Restaurants and grocery stores in your area
Going out to eat this Thanksgiving? Need to run to the grocery store? Here’s your guide to what’s open:
- Applebee’s: Regular menu plus special Thanksgiving entrée including turkey, gravy and mashed potatoes. Locations in High Point, Winston-Salem and Greensboro.
- Bob Evans: $15 dine-in special on Thanksgiving Day which includes turkey, endless bread and a slice of pie. Nearest location is Durham.
- Cracker Barrel: The restaurant is serving a Homestyle Turkey n’ Dressing Meal which includes turkey and gravy, biscuits and pumpkin pie. Locations in Clemmons and Greensboro.
- Denny’s: Denny’s has added some “festive flavors” for customers to try including the Pumpkin Spice Pancake Breakfast. Locations in Thomasville, Greensboro, Kernersville and Haw River.
- Golden Corral: The dine-in buffet includes turkey, ribs, ham, cornbread stuffing, mashed potatoes and more. Locations in Asheboro, Burlington, Greensboro, Lexington, Mount Airy, Reidsville and Winston-Salem.
- Waffle House: This chain will be serving up its everyday menu. Locations throughout the Piedmont.
- Harris Teeter – Closing at 2 p.m.
- Food Lion – Varies by location; some closing between 3-4 p.m.
- Walmart – Open regular hours
- Kroger – Closing at 5 p.m.
- Whole Foods – Open until 4 p.m.
- Publix – Closed all day
- Trader Joe’s – Closed all day
- Aldi – Closed all day
- Lidl – Closed all day