Man sent to hospital after home burns down in Asheboro

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

(Getty Images)

ASHEBORO, N.C. — A man was sent to the hospital after his home burned down Sunday night, according to The Courier-Tribune.

At 6:15 p.m., multiple fire departments responded to a house fire on the 800 block of Hoover Hill Road.

There was only one person in the home. He was brought to the hospital with burns to the hands.

Officials are unsure if they’ll be able to trace the origin of the fire as the home was a “total loss,” Fire Investigator James Hyler told The Courier-Tribune.

It took about 20 minutes to put out the fire.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.