Teenager joins others charged in deadly multi-vehicle shooting in High Point

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

DeAnthony A. Miller

HIGH POINT, N.C. — Another man was charged about nine months after a man was fatally shot in the head when people inside four vehicles started shooting at each other, according to High Point police.

DeAnthony A. Miller, 19, of High Point, was charged with first-degree murder in connection to the death of Amar Clark.

Miller turned himself in on Sunday and was taken to Guilford County Jail with no bond.

The shooting happened at 5:19 p.m. in the area of East Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive and South Scientific Street.

33-year-old Amar Clark, who police say was involved in the shooting, was shot in the head. Clark was taken to Wesley Long Hospital hospital by private vehicle in one of the SUV’s involved in the shooting and later transferred to Cone. He died on Feb. 4.

DeAnthony Miller is one of several people who have been arrested in this case.

Early investigation led to the arrests of Zacchaeus Anderson, 21, Jakhi Spriggs, 16, and Brandon Nie, 21. All three were charged with attempted murder. They were taken to the High Point Jail on a $1 million bond.

Davie L. Wade III, 24, of High Point, was arrested on Jan. 23 in connection to the incident after a traffic stop. During this first arrest, he was charged with attempted murder.

Brian K. Sykes, 21, was also arrested during this traffic stop but only faced charges related to drugs, breaking and entering and carrying a concealed gun.

When the shooting was reclassified as a homicide, police announced the department would ask the district attorney’s office to upgrade charges against those involved in Clark’s death.

Malik Thomas, 22, was arrested on Feb. 21 and charged with first-degree murder. He was arrested at the Guilford County Courthouse without incident.

On Sept. 26, three more men were charged. Jarvis Hood, 20, of High Point, was arrested and Wade was arrested again on a charge of first degree murder for their involvement in the Jan. 22 homicide.

De’Kwon K. Miller, 21, also of High Point, was also charged but was already in jail on unrelated charges.

Theses suspects are being held in Guilford County Jail with no bond.

The arrests were coordinated by United States Marshalls Fugitive Task Force officers from the High Point Police Department’s Street Crimes Unit, as well as officials from the North Carolina Department of Public Safety.

High Point police Lt. Curtis Cheeks III said the incident is not believed to be random.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.