Third shooting reported in High Point in less than 2 hours

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

HIGH POINT, N.C. -- A third shooting was reported in High Point Thursday, less than two hours after two other shootings in High Point left a woman dead and a teenage girl injured.

The most recent shooting happened at 1110 Bridges Drive around 5 a.m., High Point Police said. Suspects fire shots into the home; no one was injured.

It is the second time someone has fired shots into this home since July 17, police said. Rifle and 9-mm casings were found at the scene.

Also around 5 a.m. Thursday, a 15-year-old girl was found with a gunshot wound. Police had been responding to a prior deadly shooting on Franklin Avenue when they heard 30 to 40 shots fired and followed the sound and a 911 caller report to 713 Fairview St.

Police found the girl inside her home with a gunshot wound to her foot. When they arrived, she was sitting on a chair in the living room. No one else in the residence was injured.

Earlier Thursday morning, police responded to a shooting at about 3:30 a.m. on the 1400 block of Franklin Avenue, about 1.3 miles away from the Fairview shooting.

The female Franklin Avenue victim was found in the street and died of a gunshot wound to the head, police report.

Police also responded Monday night to a fatal shooting that killed 18-year-old Anastasia Ray, who was pregnant, on the 700 block of Thissel Street, near the intersection with East Commerce Avenue. The Thissel Street homicide took place less than a mile away from the Fairview shooting.

Officials have not commented on if the shootings might be connected.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.