FOX8 Friday Football Frenzy high school scoreboard

Man stung by wasps while working on NC home dies

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

WAKE COUNTY, N.C. — A contractor who was stung by wasps on Monday while working on a home in Wake County has died, WTVD reported.

After the man was stung he had an allergic reaction which sent him into cardiac arrest, according to the man who owns the home.

“He instantly went into shock, passed out, heart stopped,” Kevin Gahn told WTVD.

He added, “The next thing I knew there was EMTs, police everywhere down here. They worked on him for 45 minutes, I guess, doing chest compression because he had no pulse.”

Gahn said the contractor was working with another man who turned out to be his son-in-law.

He said the two had torn out some floorboards on one section of the deck when they moved to the stairs leading to a porch.
Apparently, there was a nest under the porch.

Gahn said the son-in-law told him the man was only stung twice but quickly passed out.

Paramedics immediately gave the man an injection, but with his heart stopped, it wasn’t circulating in his system.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.