Fire that damaged Eden Inn deemed accidental

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

EDEN, N.C. -- The fire that damaged the Eden Inn earlier this month has been deemed accidental and unintentionally lit, according to a news release from the Eden Police Department.

Nobody was hurt in the fire, which reported at about 3 p.m. on May 4 at the Eden Inn at 213 S. Van Buren Road.

Multiple units responded to the fire and the roof of a building at the motel collapsed.

Eden police did not elaborate on the cause of the fire beyond just saying it was accidental.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.