Some schools in northern Piedmont on delay Monday as Winter Weather Advisory issued
Some school districts in the northern Piedmont are on a delay Monday amid an overnight Winter Weather Advisory.
As of about 6:20 a.m. Monday, the following school districts have delays:
- Carroll County Public Schools: Closed; Employee code 2
- Caswell County Schools: Delayed 3 hours; Employee code A
- Galax City Schools: Delayed 2 hours
- Mount Airy City Schools: Delayed 2 hours
- Patrick County Schools (VA): Delayed 2 hours
- Stokes County Schools: Stokes Early College High School 3 hr delay
- Surry County Schools: Delayed 3 hours
- Watauga County Schools: Delayed 2 hours
Click here to view FOX8’s closings and delays page, updated every two hours.
A Winter Weather Advisory has been issued for Caswell, Rockingham, Stokes and Surry counties from 10 p.m. Sunday to 9 a.m. Monday.
The advisory was issued due to the threat of black ice and freeze-up of partly melted snow. Drivers should watch the bridges and overpasses.
Melted snow from Saturday could refreeze as temperatures fall into the mid-20s to about 30 degrees.
Monday will be sunny with morning temperatures in the lower-30s and afternoon highs in the upper-40s to lower-50s.