Family of 3 escapes Winston-Salem house fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — A family of three escaped a house fire in Winston-Salem early Friday morning.

The fire started at about 3:40 a.m. at a home in the 2300 block of South Main Street, according to Winston-Salem police. Firefighters say the fire started in the fireplace and spread to the attic.

The residents got out of the home and crews were able to rescue the family’s pets.

The house is not expected to be a total loss.

The road was closed for several hours but has since reopened.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.