Winston-Salem home catches fire on Christmas, but nobody was hurt and firefighters saved the presents

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. – Six people were displaced, but nobody was hurt after a house caught fire in Winston-Salem on Christmas.

Crews were called to 1206 Marne St. at about 12:45 p.m. and quickly had the situation under control.

Nobody was injured. The Red Cross is assisting the victims, according to the Winston-Salem Fire Department.

The fire started due to a faulty chimney. Firefighters were able to remove Christmas presents from the home before they were damaged.

The Winston-Salem Fire Department posted a video of the fire to Twitter, which showed flames coming from the roof.

Google Map for coordinates 36.071502 by -80.213248.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.