Aldi recalls apples sold in North Carolina due to possible listeria
Aldi has issued a voluntary recall of several varieties of apples that could be contaminated with listeria, the company said in a press release.
The company is recalling apples that were sold starting on Dec. 13 at stores in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Indiana, Ohio, and Kentucky.
The following list of products and UPC codes that are part of the recall:
- Fuji Apples, 3 lb. bag, UPC code: 033383087139
- Gala Apples, 3 lb. bag, UPC code: 033383086897
- Golden Apples, 3 lb. bag, UPC code: 033383081175
- Honeycrisp Apples, 2 lb. bag, UPC code: 079954000015
- Honeycrisp Apples, unpackaged, PLU sticker: 3283
- Aldi said there were no known illnesses reported from consuming the recalled apples
No illnesses have been reported and the recall was issued out of “an abundance of caution.”
They can be returned to the store for a full refund.
Anyone with questions can contact Jack Brown Produce Inc. at (616) 887-9568.
Learn more here.