Man bitten in face by rattlesnake while trying to cook it

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

COOLIDGE, Ariz. — An Arizona man is recovering after he was bitten in the face by a rattlesnake while trying to show friends how to catch and cook it.

Victor Pratt was at his child’s birthday party on Sept. 7 when he spotted the rattlesnake in his yard, according to The Republic. That’s when he grabbed the venomous reptile and showed it off to fellow partygoers.

While holding it, he lost grip of the snake’s head and it struck him twice: once in the chest and another time on the face.

He was immediately rushed to the hospital and treated with an antivenom. He was then sedated for five days.

The swelling has gone down and Pratt is currently recovering in the hospital.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.