Man dies after going inside burning home to get his phone

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

(Stock photo)

ANDERSON, S.C. — A 22-year-old man died after he went back inside his burning home to get his cellphone, WSPA reported.

Patrick Chipwood was inside the single-wide trailer with his fianceé and her daughter in Anderson.

The fire started in the woman’s bedroom. She woke up her daughter and then Chipwood, and left safely but Chipwood went back in for his phone.

Firefighters later found his body trapped inside a back bedroom.