Watch live: FOX8’s Daytona 500 special ‘Countdown to the 500’

Couple transporting grill injured after SUV explodes when wife lights up cigarette

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

ORLANDO — A couple transporting a barbecue grill was injured Sunday after their SUV exploded, the Orlando Sentinel reported.

The couple had a barbecue grill in the back of their Kia Sorento and the grill was turned on and the propane tank was open and connected, authorities told the Orlando Sentinel.

The wife went to light up a cigarette and the SUV exploded.

The couple was burned but have non-life-threatening injuries. The car was destroyed.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.