Cat called hero after alerting North Carolina family about carbon monoxide

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.


HOLLY SPRINGS, N.C. — A family’s cat is being called a hero after a mother and two kids in Holly Springs were rushed to the hospital early Wednesday morning.

WTVD reported that paramedics were called to the family’s home about carbon monoxide poisoning.

The family left a car running in the garage overnight, and it was the cat who woke them up.

The town fire chief reported the woman and two kids were taken to the hospital. Their conditions are unknown at this time.

“My daughter woke us up and said the cat is making funny noises and then she passed out,” the woman’s husband said.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.